Saturday, February 12, 2011

An old favourite that wasn't until now.

I haven't drawn comix for awhile, for a variety of reasons. Part of it is simply that since I became a city planner, my creative energies and impulses have been directed towards my day job/calling. It's a good life, one full of meaning and possibility. I can't complain.

But I was looking through my old comix from about ten years ago and came across this one. It was never my favourite, just a strip I dashed off because it struck me as mildly amusing and I had nothing better to do that day.


Of course, I knew my life wasn't complicated. It still isn't; not really; not the way most peoples' lives are at my age. But I knew it would be someday. What is the word for being nostalgic for the moment before it has even passed?

I don't want to go back to those days. I remember them fondly but they belong in the past.

Still... some days you wish your biggest problem was which bodily function to deal with first.

3 comments:

  1. i get the same laziness over bodily functions, except it includes vomitting. ahh the simple life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The real punchline of course is that you were the most creatively productive person I knew at the time. Truely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't multtask here. Breakfast shouldn't tast like crap

    ReplyDelete